Cowboy songs and poetry, yodeling, western swing fiddle, Tex-Mex polkas, Northern Plains pow-wow drum and song… get ready for a very lively evening at California State University Monterey Bay on Wednesday, February 29.
Featuring the music and oral culture of the American West, the event is part of a national tour sponsored by the National Council for the Traditional Arts, the nation’s oldest folk arts organization. The acts include:
- Wylie & the Wild West: cowboy songs and High Plains yodeling
- Paul Zarzyski: rodeo poet
- Los Texmaniacs: Tex-Mex Conjunto
- The Quebe Sisters Band: Western swing and Texas fiddling
- North Bear: Pow-Wow drum and song
Tickets start at just $10 (CSUMB students and children under 12) and are available online and at the World Theater box office.
P.S. If you’re looking for a vacation rental in Monterey, don’t fiddle around. Call Ashley, our country music loving receptionist, at (831) 233-7970.